The below terms and conditions apply to participants registering or companies sponsoring the registration of trade visitors and/or exhibitors interested in attending The Global Franchise Market (TGFM) (the “Event”) to be held from the 5 th to 6th of November 2019 at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre organized by Index Conferences & Exhibition Org. Est. (the “Organiser”). By submitting your registration you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions stipulated below:
ATTENDANCE AT THE EXHIBITION
By completing this registration form, you confirm and acknowledge that you are attending the conference in your capacity as Trade Visitor / Exhibitor working in the field of or with an interest in the field of the aforementioned event. The exhibition is for the benefit of the persons listed above only and not for lay persons or persons who do not qualify for the categories listed above. INDEX reserves the right to refuse admission, and the same will be notified accordingly to the participant.
EXHIBITOR REGISTRATION FEE & PAYMENT TERMS
- Prices for each Event plus VAT, where applicable, are correct at the time of publication. INDEX reserves the right to change the prices at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by INDEX.
- Any VAT chargeable is to be payable by the exhibitor in addition to, and at, the same time as, the registration.
THIRD PARTY AND GROUP REGISTRATION
- If you are booking on behalf of another person, you confirm that you are authorised by that person
- to make the booking, and that the person has confirmed their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. You acknowledge and agree that both you and the person for whom you are making the booking will be bound by these terms and conditions mentioned herein.
- You also acknowledge and agree to provide full and complete contact details of the participants in the required format as requested by the Event’s team.
- INDEX shall not be liable for the consequences or damages directly or indirectly ensuing from incorrect, misleading, imprecise or incomplete information either contained in the registration form or based on any other details furnished by the participant; INDEX reserves the right to refuse to consider inadequately or not fully completed registration or registration submitted later than the date specified.
INFORMATION FOR REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS
Entry will be regulated through confirmation email issued by INDEX. Registration number will be issued only upon completion of the registration. Entry to the exhibition will be permitted by the registration number. Please carry a print of the confirmation email and registration number. Please make sure that the barcode is visible in the print-out of the confirmation email.
CANCELLATION, SUBSTITUTION/REGISTRATION TRANSFER & REFUND POLICY
No refunds can be given. Exhibitor badge fees once processed cannot be cancelled or refunded, however the following is permitted under the discretion of INDEX:
- Registration may be transferred to another person (substitution) subject to agreement with INDEX and supported by clear written communication, in special conditions such as personal ailments or non-issuance of visas, INDEX reserves the right to reject such a request. (Deadline for name change is dated 14 October 2019).
- In the event that INDEX cancels the Event for any reason (except for force majeure circumstances), you will receive 100% of the exhibitor badge fee paid.
- In the event that INDEX postpone an event for any reason (except for force majeure circumstances) and the participant is unable or unwilling to attend on the rescheduled date, you will receive 100% of the exhibitor badge fee paid.
- INDEX reserves the right to cancel any registration after confirmation in which case all fees paid will be refunded. You acknowledge that the refund of registration fees is your sole remedy in the event of cancellation of your registration by INDEX and all other liability is expressly excluded.
- Except as specified above, no credits will be issued for other forms of cancellation.
- INDEX is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a transfer, substitution, alteration and/or cancellation/postponement of an event. INDEX shall assume no liability whatsoever in the event this exhibition is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of this conference impracticable, illegal or impossible. For the purpose of this Clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not limited to: war, fire, extreme weather or other emergencies.
- Accommodation/ travel arrangement must be made by the Attending participant.
- No participant shall engage in or permit filming, sound or video recording, telecasting and broadcasting at the Exhibition venue unless prior written approval is obtained from INDEX.
- No distribution of publicity materials is allowed during the exhibition anywhere within the vicinity or anywhere else within the Exhibition Venue.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND OTHER IMAGE RECORDINGS
- All types of unauthorised photography and recording/transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited.
- Photography and recordings photographs will be taken at the exhibition by an official Event photographer, which may be used by INDEX in post-event publicity and on future marketing materials. In registering to attend the exhibition, participants agree to the official photographer taking such photographs, and to INDEX using the photographs as set out above. If you do not wish to be in any photography, kindly notify a member of INDEX Events Team immediately upon arrival at the exhibition for further guidance.
NOTE: Please note that other attendees at the exhibition (trade visitors, exhibitors and sponsors etc.) may also take photographs; INDEX accepts no responsibility in connection with the use of these photographs.
Full particulars of participant must be submitted to INDEX for approval and registration before they may be admitted to the Exhibition. As the personnel are approved by INDEX (‘authorised personnel’) they will be issued badges for identification and admission purposes. Participant shall procure that authorised personnel:
- Display their badges conspicuously whilst in the Venue; and
- Do not pass their badges to other persons.
*Participant must wear the identification badges issued by the Organiser at all times. Additional attendees/staff will be permitted upon payment of the relevant registration fees.
NOTE: For verification purposes, INDEX shall reserve the right to request for any identification
- INDEX may collect and process personal company data, which may include personally identifiable data such as the contact person’s email, address and contact number (“personal data”) in order to perform its obligations pursuant to this Terms and Conditions as well as to provide participant information about future events. INDEX will mainly collect the personal data directly from participants when they complete the Application Form or through other approved INDEX third party service providers. Provision of the personal data would be mandatory. Without such information INDEX may not be able to perform its obligations under this Terms and Conditions, such as to contact the participant with anything related to the registration/Event (if any).
- Such data will generally not be transferred or shared with any other entity, though there may be disclosure or sharing of personal data for purposes of compliance with laws, regulations or directives by regulators or authorities. By submitting personal company data to INDEX and signing the application form, participant’s expressly consent, on behalf of their officers and employees, to the transfer and processing of that personal company data in the UAE and elsewhere.
*Compliance with all applicable data protection laws is of the utmost importance, this also includes the European General Data Protection Regulation of May 2018 (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the GDPR). Where shared Personal Data that constitutes EU Personal Data is transferred by the Organiser in a location outside of the European Economic Area “EEA”, the Organiser shall comply with its obligations pursuant to Chapter 3 of the GDPR (Rights of the data subject) and Part V of the PDPA (Access to and Correction of Personal Data).
Consent and rights of the participant
- By agreeing to this Terms and Conditions, the participant consent to the collection and use of his/her personal data as outlined in this Statement, including the use and provision of his/her personal data for direct marketing. Please send requests to access or correct data, to cease communications, and questions or complaints to: E-mail: email@example.com
- Participants’ information is kept on INDEX group companies’ database and used by INDEX group companies to assist in providing selected products and services which may be of interest to the participants and which will be communicated by letter, phone, fax, email or other electronic means. The personal information which you provide to us will be held by us on a database and may be shared with INDEX group of companies for direct marketing purposes. Please note, however, that INDEX may release the participant’s personal data if required to do so by law, or by search warrant, subpoena or court order.
- For company-related data, INDEX utilise such information for the purpose of sending eventrelated offers, managing business processes with you as a participant, information and advertising prior and after the event, communication and participant databases updating in the UAE and abroad, and market research.
- If you do not wish your personal data to be used together with the company data, you are free to object at any time to the further use and communication of your personal data to third parties by emailing it to us at [state relevant email] firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Each participant badge will be marked with a barcode which can be scanned by Exhibitors to capture your personal information such as your name, job title, organisation and email address. Please inform the exhibitor at the time if you do not wish to have your details scanned.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Participant’s personal data without the data subject’s permission, will not be disclosed or shared with any third parties for purposes other than those stated at the time the data was collected. INDEX will retain the personal data it hold confidential but in certain circumstances, may provide or transfer the personal data to:
- Its agents, advisers, service providers, contractors, and auditors, in connection with their operations and/or services for facilitating and enhancing their operations, conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data;
- Its overseas offices, affiliates, joint ventures partners, which are also exhibition organisers, for the purpose of conducting direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to their trade fairs in UAE and around the world;
- Persons to whom the Organiser is required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside the United Arab Emirates
All intellectual property rights in all materials produced or distributed by INDEX Conferences and Exhibitions in connection with this Event is expressly reserved and any unauthorised duplication, publication or distribution is prohibited.
INDEX shall be under no liability if it shall be unable to carry out any provision of the Terms and Conditions for any reason beyond their control including Act of God, legislation, war, terrorist activity, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or any other general cases of “force majeure” whether or not “ejusdem generis” with the foregoing or any cause not within INDEX control or for any loss or damage sustained in the event that the opening or holding of the Exhibition is prevented, postponed or abandoned or if the hall becomes totally or partially unavailable for the holding of the Exhibition due to any of the foregoing causes.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
INDEX excludes all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Event. All indemnities, warranties, terms and conditions (whether express or implied) are excluded. INDEX accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever that you may suffer in connection with or arising from the Event whether direct, indirect or consequential (including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of business or any other type of economic loss) or otherwise. In the event that INDEX is liable to you for any reason, it’s total
liability to you in relation to the Event (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of the registration fees paid by you to INDEX ONLY. The limitations and exclusions in this condition only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
INDEX reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time and you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time your registration is submitted.
ADDITIONAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- INDEX reserves the right to interpret, alter and amend these General Terms and Conditions and to issue additional rules and regulations at any time they consider necessary for the orderly operation of the Exhibition, all interpretations of these Conditions and any additional rules and regulations by the Organiser shall be final.
- Participant shall abide by the rules and regulations of the Exhibition Venue which are deemed to be integral parts of and incorporated into these General Terms and Conditions. In the event of conflict between the provisions of such rules and regulations and these General Terms and Conditions, these General Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- In the event of a breach of any of the conditions herein INDEX may in all cases retain all monies paid by the participant and recover further monies from the participant as provided herein. All communications should be addressed to:
INDEX Conferences & Exhibitions Organization Est.
P.O. Box: 13636
Tel: +971 4 520 8888
PARTICIPANT RULES & REGULATIONS
By completing the Registration Form, the participant acknowledges receipt of and agrees to comply with all the rules and regulations stated therein.
This Registration Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the United Arab Emirates, as applied in the Emirate of Dubai, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Dubai courts.
Disclaimer for Leisure Activities notice (when applicable)
You should consider carefully whether you will be able to participate fully in the leisure activities offered as part of the visitor programme. INDEX warns that some activities may be physically demanding or carry inherent dangers. You accept that it is entirely your responsibility to decide whether participation in any activity in the participant programme is appropriate to your capabilities, aptitude, fitness and health, and it is also your responsibility to observe all safety requirements and instructions that you may be given in relation to such activities. To the extent permitted by law, neither INDEX nor its officers or employees will accept any liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, whether due to negligence or any other cause, arising from participation in any part of the participant programme, including but not limited to activities outside the exhibition. In the event of death or personal injury, the liability of INDEX and its officers and employees is limited accordingly.